Ready to turn your designer handbags into cash?
You are in the right place!
I love handbags. I have to rein myself in from buying them!
If you have a handbag collection, whether it’s just a couple or a whole closet full, you can recoup some of the cash you’ve spent by selling them.
There’s a lot of value in designer handbags. According to Transparency Market Research firm, the luxury handbag market is estimated to reach $39.3 billion by 2031!
You can get your share of that money by selling your used designer handbag online and near you. You just need to know where!
In this post, I’ll cover 10 places where you can get cash for your designer handbags.
Table of Contents
Where to Sell Designer Handbags Online
Anyone with a designer handbag to sell should consider selling it online. There are lots of options.
Here are some places where you can sell designer handbags online for the most money.
- How it pays you: ACH electronic transfer, check in the mail, or Rebag credit
With Rebag, you can sell handbags from lots of different designers, such as:
- Louis Vuitton
There are three methods to selling on Rebag, which are:
Before you decide between consign, trade, or buyout, you can follow three simple steps to get started with selling your designer handbag on Rebag:
- Login or create an account before you navigate to the Sell page.
- Share details about the bag that you want to sell.
- Find your bag via AI, search, or image submission. Provide basic information like the model, material, and condition of the bag.
- Get a quote and accept the quote if you like it.
- Rebag’s Clair technology will instantly generate an offer for most styles, or you’ll get your quote via email within 2 business days.
- How it pays you: ACH payment, check, or Nieman Marcus gift card
Nieman Marcus has partnered with Fashionphile to help you resell your designer handbag. You can sell your bag online. Or if your nearby Nieman Marcus has an in-store Fashionphile Selling Studio, you can bring your bag into the store, where they’ll give you a quote and issue your payment in minutes.
If you want to sell your bag online, just click on “Get an online quote” to get started. If you choose to get a Nieman Marcus gift card as payment, you’ll receive a 10% bonus.
3. The RealReal
- How it pays you: Direct deposit, site credit, or check
The RealReal is a luxury consignment marketplace. You can sell pre-owned designer shoes, clothes and of course, bags on The RealReal. You can earn up to 85% commission.
To get started, you’ll need to enter some information about yourself, such as your name and zip code.
You can schedule a pickup, ship your bag to The RealReal, or drop it off.
- How it pays you: It wires the money to you or sends a check in the mail
MyGemma is an online buyer of designer bags, luxury jewelry, and watches. MyGemma will buy your luxury bags directly, online, or via appointment.
It will purchase bags from designers like Chanel, Burberry, Gucci, YSL, Louis Vuitton, Hermès, or Prada.
According to myGemma, the entire process can take as little as 24 hours from price quote to payment.
Here’s how you can sell your bag on the platform:
- Complete the online form.
- Get a price quote. The company will contact you via phone or email.
- Get free fully insured shipping or schedule an appointment. You can get free, fully insured shipping to send your items in for a final price. If you don’t want to sell with myGemma, then the company will send your items back to you free of charge and fully insured. There’s never any obligation to sell. You also have the option to schedule an in-person appointment at the company’s offices in NYC or London.
- If you like the offer you get, then you can accept it, and you’ll get paid.
What’s good about myGemma is that it will buy your items directly, which means that you don’t have to wait for the company to sell your bag on your behalf, or list it for sale and wait for buyers to purchase it.
- How it pays you: Direct deposit, PayPal, wire transfer, check sent by US mail, and direct deposit
Fashionphile is another place where you can sell your designer handbags. The company provides upfront quotes.
Here’s how you can sell your bag with Fashionphile:
- Start a quote. Get started by signing in or creating an account. You’ll need to fill out a form with your item information.
- Get an offer via email within 3 to 5 business days.
- If you accept the buyout offer, the company will send you a complimentary shipping label, or you can get a free UPS pick-up to send in your bag. Once the company receives and authenticates your items, you’ll get paid within two to four business days.
You can get a 10% bonus if you choose to get paid with a Nieman Marcus gift card.
- How it pays you: Direct deposit, PayPal, or Check
Sell your Bags is another place where you can sell your used designer handbags.
Here’s how selling on the site works:
- Take at least 5 pictures and submit your item on the website using the form, and you’ll get a preliminary price quote within a few hours (most of the time, within the hour).
- If you accept the quote, you will need to ship your bag. Sell your Bags will provide you with a free UPS or USPS shipping label, so you can print it out and ship your bag.
- You’ll get paid within 1-2 business days after the company receives your bag.
You also have the option to visit the company at its store in Frisco, Texas where you can get cash for your bag.
- How it pays you: PayPal or check
With Bag Borrow or Steal, you can sell your bags directly or on consignment.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the submission form. You’ll need to upload photos and tell the company about your bag.
- Then, you’ll get a quote.
- If you accept the quote, then you’ll get paid.
When you sell with the cosign option, you earn 70% of the sale. You can earn 10% more if you choose to be paid with Bag Borrow or Steal store credit.
Where to Sell Designer Handbags Near Me
Selling your designer bags locally is a great choice. You can get cash on the spot, and you don’t have to deal with the hassle of shipping.
In this section, I’ll cover a few places where you can sell designer handbags near you.
Some of the companies above also offer local sales, so do check those out as well if you’re looking to sell locally.
Here are a few places to sell designer handbags locally.
You can sell your handbag to Uptown Cheapskate. It’s a thrift store where you can sell used apparel, handbags, and accessories. What’s great about this store is that you can get cash on the spot.
You don’t need an appointment to sell stuff to Uptown Cheapskate. Just take your items into the store up to an hour before it closes, and an employee will evaluate them. You will need to take a government-issued ID with you.
According to Uptown Cheapskate, most buys take about 30 minutes to look through. Then, it will offer you instant cash or 25% more in trade.
The store offers between 25% and 35% of what it prices items at in cash.
For high-end brands, such as Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, or specialty items, Uptown Cheapskate offers cash and consignment. With consignment, Uptown Cheapskate pays you up to 60% of the selling price when your items sell.
9. Consignment stores
Another good place to sell a designer handbag is at your local consignment store. Many towns and cities have one. Just do a quick Google search for consignment stores near you, and then get in touch to ask whether they’ll purchase your designer handbag, and about commission rates.
Consignment stores charge a commission of between 20% and 40% (or even more than that) of the amount that your item sells for.
Some stores will even charge a fee when your items don’t sell. So, like I said above, get in touch to ask about commission fees.
10. Style Encore
Style Encore offers gently used women’s clothes and accessories. You can get cash on the spot for your designer handbag. All you need to do is bring in your bag to your nearest store. Then, you’ll get an offer for it and if you accept the offer, you’ll get cash for your bag.
Style Encore purchases lots of different types of bags, such as:
- Crossbody bags
- Shoulder bags
- Tote bags
- Wallets and wristlets
Bagging Cash: Final Thoughts!
Designer handbags are expensive – let’s face it!
And, if you no longer need a bag, then it’s simply just sitting there gathering dust.
You may as well recoup some of the money that you spent on the bag by selling it and clearing some space in your closet in the process.
And with so many places to sell both online and near you, you have the luxury of taking your time to make sure you sell your designer handbags for the most money!